Friday, May 20, 2011

Korea or bust?

I woke up day before yesterday because my phone was ringing. I must have taken too long to answer because I missed the call. I was awake and i had my phone in hand so I lay there and looked at facebook statuses until I saw one from Husband that said, "Five PCS choices and all are KOREA!!!! WTF!?!" I didn't really react to that. Didn't think he was joking, didn't panic, didn't process this at all. I just opened my phone and called home. There were 4 choices where he would have to go for a year and one choice where there was concurrent travel but it's for two years. It wasn't a very tough choice for me. We should all go together. There have been enough separations. If we can avoid one, that's what we should do.

So the short version is we are supposed to go to Korea, Camp Carroll (in the southern region of S. Korea) sometime around October of this year. I say sometime because this is the Army and they are not real big on doing the first thing that they say. I also read that there can be delays because sometimes they can not accommodate everyone in the family right away. I'm not sure how this works but it doesn't matter. The Army is what it is.

I was pretty pleased at first because I thought we were going to Camp Casey, which is up towards the demilitarized zone. They have an arts and crafts center there that has pottery! How awesome! But, as it turns out, Camp Casey was one of the options for the tour where he goes alone. Poop. I guess I'll just have to satisfy my artistic notions in a different manner. I know I can't bring my wheel because it's wired for the states. The electric system in Korea is 220 and the wheel is useless without the kiln. Can't use that indoors and it also pulls as much electric as a clothes dryer or electric oven.

It would seem that pottery is one of those things in my life that I love, but it will simply come and go with no rhyme or reason. There will be time for it again when I'm back in the states.

Deb found some videos on you tube of the area we will be going to. It looks pretty and I'm sure I'll like it enough.


This kind of required function is surely in my near future...



Looks like there is no shortage of sushi there!

Here's a taste of the news reports that AFN offers up. I'm not excited for that but whatevs. I've done AFN before and I can do it again!



It's pretty cool that they have a long arm machine....at Yongsan! I will recap at this point by saying we won't be THERE. LOL

So, beyond this news, there isn't much going on here. I caught a cold, BOOO! It's not bad yet so that's good. Deb, Mark and Denali came into town today and I got to watch Denali for a while. It was fun because Katie had let her have my Nintendo DS and we let her try out all of my games to see if she liked any of them. She learned how to make a sandwich in Cooking Mama and it was so cute! She even made sure to play it after Debs got back so she could show her that she knows how to make a sandwich on the DS. Adorable!

We took turns playing with one of Katie's toys that is a Cuckoo bird and I made the mistake of pretending it's scary. LOL We woke each other up until she was tired of that game. Then I did "this little piggy" with her toes and she really really LOVED IT! So we did some variations, like this little piggy checked her email and this one played DS and this little piggy cried WEE WEE WEE all the way to Grandma's new house! Then she made sure to tell me that Momma drove the piggy in the car to grandma's house and it was fun! We also decided that WEE WEE WEE is how the piggy laughs because this is so much FUN! Good Stuff.

Hope your day was nice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment